Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Two Portraits


Here is a low-resolution digital photograph of two of the more recent photos in the collection. This one is in pretty good shape, but is suffering a little bit of color deterioration and should be digitized for preservation. The subjects are Marcella and my grandfather Richard Armstrong. These are among my favorites. It had not occured to me, but the daisies my mother Susan made out of polymer clay look a lot like the pin Marcella is wearing in her portrait. Maybe this is the source of my mother's inspiration? I wonder what became of that pin?

I found, in the process of removing prints from frames, that a lot of the framed pictures in the collection have older pictures underneath them! So there may be a surprise or surprises in this one too.

No comments: