Saturday, November 17, 2007

The Armstrong Family in 1958

I've been scanning batches of sorted black-and-white deckle-edged prints. This particular group is dated on the face of each print, which is very helpful when it comes to sorting them. Here are some prints from 1958.

My mother, who at the time went by Susan Clarke Armstrong, had a very brief marriage to a man named Ted Rose. I wasn't aware of this until I was, I think, almost 30. She did not talk about it much and apparently the marriage did not last very long. This photograph, dated September 7, 1958, shows Richard and Marcella Armstrong and Helen and Ted Rose (Senior). I think they had come from Long Island, NY. The text on the back, which I think is in my grandfather Richard's handwriting, calls him "Teddy" so they must have been on good terms!


Here are Joan, Marcella, Richard, and Susan decked out for the wedding:


I have pictures of the groom, but they are not part of this batch of prints.

No comments: