Monday, November 5, 2007

Samples from Archival Methods

The samples and catalog arrived from Archival Methods. Grace and I agree that their high-density polyethylene envelopes will be great for storing prints. They are not fully transparent, but translucent, which I think is OK for prints that people will access infrequently. So we'll start with some of those.

From there, the prints will go into some of the "shoe box" boxes. I'm not sure how many, or exactly what configuration I'll buy yet.

Also, for some of the larger items like portraits and class pictures, I'll be ordering a couple of flat drop-front boxes.

The oldest stuff is all over the place as far as size and shape goes; items range from big colorized portraits over 15" tall to tiny portraits on heavy card stock. It is hard to figure out what to do with the smaller items!

No comments: